Dropbox is an online file-sharing, storage, and collaboration service provider that caters to individual users as well as businesses.
Prerequisites for Dropbox Node
- Create a Dropbox account.
- To generate an access token:
- Navigate to DBX Platform > App Console of your account.
- Click the project you wish to generate the access token.
- Scroll down to locate the OAuth 2 section and click the Generate button in the Generated access token field.
- In your machine, install the required packages to execute the Dropbox Functions. To install the packages:
- Open the command prompt.
- Execute the following command to change the directory to C:\jiffyservice\precompile\connector\requirements.
- Execute the following command to install the packages.
pip install -r dropbox.txt –user
If the command prompt is not recognizing pip, use the command C:\Python37\Scripts\pip install -r dropbox.txt.
Design the Action steps for Dropbox Node
In the Actions tab, you can define actions to be performed in Dropbox Node.
Click the Dropbox node to open the attributes pane. In the Actions tab, select one of the following options from the first drop-down:
- Dropbox Functions: To select the required Dropbox Functions from the list in the second drop-down.
- Custom Dropbox Function: The Custom Dropbox functions are created for specific needs if not met by the Predefined Dropbox functions. All the User Defined Functions created in the HyperApp with Type selected as Dropbox gets listed in the drop-down.
- Call Function: To select other generic Functions from the list in the second drop-down.
To know more about how to use Functions, click here.
- Set Variable: To set the value for a Variable as needed in further steps. The value set can either be a constant or another variable. If this variable is toggled as an output variable in the Variables tab, it can be mapped to succeeding nodes of the task.
All Input/Local variables of the Dropbox node are displayed under the Variables tab.
All Default/Custom DataTables in the task are displayed under the Table Definitions tab.
Properties of the Dropbox Node
- Navigate to Properties and enter Name and Description.
- Enable Mark run Failure on Node Fail and Continue on Failure? options as required.
- Select the Cluster to run on the task from the Clusters drop-down.
Result of Execution in Dropbox Node
After executing the task, the Result of Execution window displays the following tabs:
- Input: The inputs mapped to the Dropbox node are displayed.
- Output: The results of the actions performed are displayed in XML format.
- Run Info: The Run Details and Machine Details are displayed.
- Run Details include Run ID, Sequence Number, and Total Node Execution Time (in seconds).
- Machine Details include ID, Name, Host, Port, Iteration Start Time, Iteration End Time, Iteration Time (in seconds).
- Step Data: The details of the steps designed inside the node, the status of each step, and the values stored in the variables are displayed.
- Formatted Output: The output is displayed in the table format.
When Create File(ABCDCEF, Invoices) function is executed, a new folder is created in Dropbox with the name Invoices.